Healthy Donut Recipe with Cinnamon Sugar
🍩 Jump to Recipe 🍩
Are you looking for an easy healthy donut recipe filled with fiber, that’s nutritious and delicious?
The secret ingredient behind this cinnamon sugar healthy donut recipe is Naturlax Fiber! Naturlax’s base is psyllium husk which makes a great egg replacer! Psyllium husk is a soluble fiber that turns into a gel-like substance. Making for the perfect egg replacer in vegan baking recipes.
With the help of Naturlax, this recipe contains a prebiotic superfood! And yes, you guessed it, it’s fiber! Let’s talk more about why fiber is important for everyone’s diet.
Nutritious Donut with Prebiotics
The gut microbiome hosts millions and millions of good bacteria. The good bacteria are known as probiotics. Probiotics are responsible for strengthening your immune system and so many other amazing features.
For probiotics to thrive they need prebiotics. Prebiotics are fiber, like Naturlax. So, this all-natural fiber powder makes it easy and delicious to increase your daily fiber intake. Our healthy donut recipe is a perfect example of easy and delicious! So, your gut microbiome can stay strong!
The Benefits Behind This Recipe
The power of fiber doesn’t stop at the gut microbiome. Fiber is most commonly known to help alleviate constipation and diarrhea. Also, research has shown fiber may help manage irritable bowel syndrome and other intestinal issues. Another function of fiber is making sure your body is absorbing all the nutrients it needs. Simply adding a scoop of Naturlax into a healthy donut recipe makes for a better alternative to the traditional fried donut.
Things that Psyllium Husk Fiber can do for you:
- Can lower cholesterol: If you have been trying to maintain your cholesterol levels, psyllium husk may help reduce your cholesterol.
- Can help ease constipation.
- May regulate blood sugar
- Can help regulate Weight gain: If you are struggling with your weight, psyllium husk provides satiety helping you feel fuller for longer.
- May help reduce ulcerative colitis: Psyllium husk fiber, if used for about 4 months, can help lower digestive issues. Study
➡️ Print Recipe ⬅️
Cinnamon Sugar Healthy Donut
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 4 Oz Water
- 3 tbsp Almond Butter
- ½ tbsp @natures_flavors Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
Naturlax Egg Sub
- 1 tsp Naturlax Vanilla
- 4 oz Water
- Pre-heat oven or air fryer to 350•F. Use cooking spray or coconut oil to the donut pans to grease.
- Using one large bowl, combine Naturlax and water to create the egg replacer. Stir until smooth and thick. Next, add in the wet ingredients: milk, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Using the same bowl, add the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Combine until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Using a spatula and Ziploc bag (or piping bag) transfer the batter into the bag. Make a 1 1/2 inch slit so you have a thick layer of donut. Squeeze the batter into the donut pan.
- Add the donuts into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until they are a beautiful golden brown. Transfer the donuts to a wire rack and allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let it cool slightly and then remove it from the pan to a wire rack to cool more.
- Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the donuts and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Enjoy! .