If you’ve been on the search for a sugar-free jelly/jam then this recipe is for you! Our friend Briana crafted this delicious recipe using our Berry Flavored Psyllium Fiber Powder! Check out her instagram page filled with many more sugar-free and gluten-free recipes!
This recipe isn’t just sugar-free but also contains all-natural fiber! So, whether you’re on the keto diet or just want to decrease your sugar intake this jelly is a great choice.
The Benefits of Homemade Jellies and Jams
Sure, you can find sugar-free jams in stores. But do you want synthetic color additives or food dyes made from petroleum? What about hidden ingredients? Yeah, we didn’t think so.
Most store-bought jellies and jams contain more sugar than fruit. To fully enjoy a delicious and fruity jam, it needs to be more fruit than sugar. Hold the guilt please!
No High Fructose Corn Syrup
Although HFCS is made from corn, it doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Actually, it’s quite the opposite! Experts believe diets with high levels of HFCS are a key component in obesity along with numerous other health effects! You can read more about the negative effects of HFCS here!
No Artificial Food Coloring
Some of the most famous house-hold jelly brands, contain synthetic color additives, like Red 40.
“What is Red 40 anyways?” Well, it’s food dye made from petroleum that is approved by the FDA but it also has shown to have negative effects on the immune system. You can read all about this and more here!
Added Nutrients like Fiber
Have you ever thought about adding all-natural fiber to your homemade jam recipes? Probably not, because your fiber is just one boring flavor, like orange.
Well not with Naturlax, we have so many fun fruity flavors like Berry! Since our fiber powder acts as a thickening agent, it’s perfect to get the desired jelly texture. Not only this, but now your jam has an added nutrient! Can store-bought do that?!
If you like this sugar-free recipe, check out our Keto No-Bake Energy Bites.
Sugar-Free Berry Jelly
- Small Sauce Pan
- Resealable Jar
- 1 cup Mixed Berries: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Keto Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Berry Flavored Psyllium Husk
- In small sauce pan over low heat, add in frozen mixed berries. Cover the lid for 3-minutes and let the steam begin to melt the berries.
- Add in Vanilla and Keto Sweetener, then stir to combine. Begin to smash the berries together with a whisk
- Next, add in the Naturlax Berry Psyllium Husk and mix!
- Lastly, add in approx. 1/4cup of water or more until desired consistency achieved.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes to thicken
- Spoon the berry jelly into a clean jar, cover and refrigerate. Suggested use within 2-3 weeks, it can also be frozen and thawed in the refrigerator before using.