Your dog probably has their own set of treats they love! But do you know what’s in them? Some of us are into finding the right ingredients for ourselves and family but let’s not forget our sweet pups! Keep reading to find out how to choose the right ingredients for your dogs.
Pets Benefit from Fiber too!
As mentioned in a previous blog post, your pet needs fiber in their diets too! Just like you, fiber for your pets alleviates constipation, diarrhea, and even the risk of diabetes.
So, how do you give your pets more fiber and make sure their food doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients? Well, one way is whole vegetables like sweet potatoes and even pumpkin puree. Or, you can make your own homemade dog treats and it’s really easy.
Unlike store-bought dog treats, homemade dog treats are free from preservatives and you get to decide what goes in them! Here at Naturlax, we crafted a fiber-packed dog treat recipe to restore balance to their diets. We used our Pure Psyllium Husk Fiber Powder for some extra fiber. Since, this fiber powder is plant-based, it’s safe and effective for your canine companions.
Check out how you can use our Pure Psyllium Husk Fiber Powder as an Egg Replacer!
How Long Do They Last?
You can dry-store these treats in an air-tight container. This method will make the treats last up to a week. But you can always extend their shelf life by placing them in the fridge or freezer. Just defrost when you are ready to serve up some goodness for your pups!
Fiber-Packed Homemade Dog Treats
- Baking Sheets
- Bone Shaped Cookie Cutter
- 1 cup Finely Ground Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Water
- 1 tbsp Pure Psyllium Fiber Powder
- 1/3 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Ripe Banana
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Remove dough from the mixing bowl and begin to roll until it is 1/2inch thick.
- Cut out pieces of the dough with cookie cutter. With the remaining dough, form into a ball and roll out to the same width.
- Place the treats onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 15 to 20 mins until the treats are golden brown.
- Let the treats cool before serving to your dogs.